This is for Debbie Kim~ she knows why
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The One that got Away~ Synchronicity~part 11

Good to his word, Lonnie made the deal. Alexis came out to the truck, hugging me. She was thrilled! She had gotten herself out of a world of trouble and felt good about Magic's new home. Everyone was excited about the transaction, except me. I still had my own misgivings.

Lonnie explained he had gotten a full third off her price. If she didn't work out we could sell her and make a profit. As we say in Texas, bless his heart. You can't make a profit on horses, not anymore. I didn't want to burst his bubble; he was so proud of the deal he had just made. If you own horses and are wise, you know they are nothing but a black hole. A hole that sucks money so fast you can almost hear it.

Well, the deal was done. I decided to get out of the truck and take another look at my new horse.
I must digress for one moment.
I sold Cat to marry my first husband. We could not afford her and her two year old colt. Broke my heart, but young love can make you stupid.
The day the man came to haul Cat to her new home, the barn radio was on. She wouldn't load.
Finally got the man away from the trailer and she loaded fine. I was in the trailer with her when one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs aired. "Dreams," from the Rumours album. One of the lines; "have you any dreams you'd like to sell?" That's what I was doing at that second. I was selling my dream. Tears could now longer be held. The levy broke as I buried my face in Cat's neck. I stayed in the trailer until I could gather my emotions. Her new owner shifted his weight, back and forth, head down, gloved hands shoved deep in his Levi pockets. Kicking dust puffs upward with worn boots. He made no eye contact as he climbed in his Ford. Moments later she was gone.

I made my way back to the barn to take a look at my new horse. Magic, still tied in the runway, Alexis bent over, one hoof in hand. A flawless silhouette of horse and rider. The rain had stopped and the afternoon sun was straining to peek through the lifting clouds. As I approached the two I heard Stevie Nicks' distinctive, raspy voice asking,"have you any dreams you'd like to sell?" I froze. All messages to my brain scrambled. Linear time? A difficult concept for me. I felt time literally split. For one nano second I existed in two worlds. A twisted , tilted world. Another second, the world righted.
I must admit I have always believed in synchronicity. What are the odds this song, some twenty years later, just happened to be on the radio? In my mind this was no coincidence. This was the validation I so desperately sought. Again, more tears as I explained the significance of the song, playing at this exact moment, to Alexis. Before long we were both in tears. Giggling and crying all at the same time. She felt she had found the perfect home for Magic. I was certain Lonnie had found the perfect horse. Well, perhaps not the perfect horse; but the perfect horse for me.







4 comments:

Mama April 6, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

Still loving your story, one installment at a time. Keep telling; it's a wonderful work in progress!

Rising Rainbow April 7, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

Funny how life happens some times, isn't it?

Midlife Mom April 9, 2010 at 4:19 AM  

Getting caught up on your story and enjoying every minute of it! You have a very lovely way of writing, I almost feel like I was there watching from some corner like a little mouse!

Yes I certainly have had problems with my skirts lately haven't I?! haha!

Sharon Brumfield April 11, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

Loving the story girl....and the picture of your heart peaking through it.
I don't believe in coincidence either----I do believe that things are ordered for a reason...for our best. :)
Hope you are having a great weekend...thanks for the story and the prayers.
Looking forward to the "rest of the story".

Followers

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Wife, mom, sister, friend, seeker, mystic

Labels

MAGGIE (1)

Designed Especially for Terri by

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP